A minor in data science requires completion of at least 19 credits, as follows. In meeting the requirements of this interdisciplinary minor, a student may not use more than nine credits (including capstone) that are also used to meet the requirements of other majors or minors.
- Data Science Foundations: At least three credits chosen from among the following: BIOL 185, 187; BUS 310, 322; CBSC 240
- Statistics: At least three credits chosen from among the following: BIOL 201; CBSC 250; DCI 202; ECON 202; INTR 202; MATH 118, 310; SOAN 218, 219
- Computing/Programming: At least three credits chosen from among the following: BUS 306, 315; CSCI 111; DCI 110
- Electives: At least six additional credits chosen from among the following: BIOL 282; BUS 306, 315; CSCI 111, 112; DCI 102, 110; ECON 203; GEOL 260; MATH 222, 309, 310; PHYS 265; SOAN 219, 265, 266, 268, 276
- Capstone: at least three credits chosen from among the following: BIOL 325, 385; BUS 317; CBSC 359; ECON 399; SOAN 395, DS 395; 399; or another relevant course, individual study, senior thesis, or honors thesis in the student's major approved in advance by the DS core faculty.
- Portfolio: DS 401, completed during the fall or winter term of the senior year, including at least three projects or assignments from courses in the minor in addition to the capstone project in which students reflect on data-science competencies
Additional prerequisites may be required depending on course choices above.