A minor in Quantitative Biology requires completion of 7 courses as follows. A student may not complete a minor in biology with either a major in biology or a major in neuroscience. In meeting the requirements of this discipline-based minor, a student may not use more than nine credits that are also used to meet the requirements of another major or minor. Sample 200- and 300-level graded work must be collected into a portfolio for assessment upon completion of the course requirements before a minor will be approved by the department.
1. Required courses: BIOL 111, 113
2. Genetics or cell biology: BIOL 211, 211S, or 220
3. Computer science: BIOL 185, CSCI 102, or CSCI 121
4. Intermediate level: two courses chosen from BIOL 212S, 267, 282, 283, 285, and, when appropriate, 297
5. Advanced level: one course chosen from BIOL 325, 385