A minor in Animal Biology requires completion of 7 courses as follows. A student may not complete a minor in biology with either a major in biology or a major in neuroscience. In meeting the requirements of this discipline-based minor, a student may not use more than nine credits that are also used to meet the requirements of another major or minor. Sample 200- and 300-level graded work must be collected into a portfolio for assessment upon completion of the course requirements before a minor will be approved by the department.
1. Required courses: BIOL 111, 113
2. Zoology: BIOL 240 or 244S
3. Animal behavior: BIOL 243
4. Field biology: one course chosen from BIOL 231, 241, 242, and, when appropriate, 297
5. Evolution: BIOL 340 or 340S
6. Structure related to function: BIOL 355 or 362